Banking, saving and investing with HSBC Expat
Looking for a secure home for your money? HSBC Expat could help you protect (and grow) your wealth while you’re living or working in South Africa. We also make it easy for you to manage your finances in multiple currencies – with products and services for expats with an international lifestyle.
Why choose HSBC Expat?
Based in Jersey (Channel Islands), HSBC Expat provides wealth management, banking and currency management services in a secure, central location. So if you move, your finances won't have to.
- A secure home for your money – Jersey is an established and well regulated offshore jurisdiction that’s known for its political and economic stability.
- Keep your finances in one place – It’s easy to access our multicurrency accounts and investments, wherever you are in the world.
- Foreign exchange solutions – We’ll help you find the most cost effective way to convert your money from one currency to another.
- Wealth management experts who understand expat life – Get financial planning advice from our team of International Wealth Managers based in Johannesburg.
- A global support network – You’ll continue to enjoy the benefits of HSBC’s global reach and local knowledge, wherever your next move takes you.
Are you eligible?
To bank with HSBC Expat, you need to keep at least £25,000, or currency equivalent, in your accounts, savings and investments held with us.
Find out more about banking, saving and investing offshore with HSBC Expat
Lines are open Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm. Calls may be monitored and/or recorded for security and service improvement purposes.
HSBC Expat, a trading name of HSBC Bank International Limited, which is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission for Banking, General Insurance Mediation, Investment and Fund Services Business.