Banking in the palm of your hand
We are pleased to introduce HSBCnet Mobile, a convenient new way to access a select set of HSBCnet services using your supported mobile device.
The streamlined interface has been specifically designed for use on certain mobile devices. Currently available as a complimentary value-added service, you can access HSBCnet Mobile using your device’s web browser – no applications or downloads are required.
Three features are available on HSBCnet Mobile in line with your entitlements:
- Checking account balances and statements
- Authorising payment instructions (Priority Payments, Inter-Account Transfers and ACH Credits/Debits only)
- Receive notification of payments requiring authorisation via My Alerts
Please note: a Security Device is required to access HSBCnet Mobile. HSBCnet Mobile is not available to Smart Card users. HSBCnet is currently in the process of upgrading Security Devices for our customers. If you have already been contacted to upgrade your Security Device, we encourage you to do so immediately in order to use HSBCnet Mobile. For more information, please review the resources in the Information Centre, available after logging on to the main HSBCnet site.
About HSBCnet Mobile supported devices
|Device type||Operating system|
|Android ||Android 2.2 and 2.3 |
|iPhone ||iOS 3 - 5 |
|BlackBerry ||OS 5.0 and 6.0 |
HSBCnet has verified the compatibility of these mobile devices and operating systems for use with HSBCnet Mobile. Please note that HSBCnet functionality may perform normally using other operating systems, but compatibility cannot be confirmed at this time.
HSBCnet Mobile will support additional mobile devices in the future. For more information about your device, please refer to your user manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
Try HSBCnet Mobile
Try HSBCnet Mobile for yourself today via your mobile device at www.hsbcnet.com/mobile.
For more information about how to use HSBCnet Mobile, refer to the training presentation.
Maintaining a secure HSBCnet Mobile experience
As with the main HSBCnet site, HSBCnet Mobile has incorporated several key security measures to help protect your information:
- Security Device: Your Security Device is required to log on to your HSBCnet profile and for any subsequent transaction authorisations.
- Encryption: HSBCnet Mobile is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Encryption technology (SSL v3 – 128 bit).
- Session time-out: Similar to using HSBCnet from a computer, if you forget to log out, or your mobile device remains inactive for a period of time, HSBCnet Mobile will log out automatically.
In addition to your obligation to comply with the general HSBCnet Security Procedures, you must ensure you also comply with the additional security requirements* which are in relation to HSBCnet Mobile on your mobile device, and include:
- Do not store your HSBCnet user or profile details on your mobile device.
- Ensure your mobile device is updated with the latest anti-virus and anti-spyware software.
- Avoid sharing your mobile device with others.
- Avoid using other mobile devices not on the approved list to access HSBCnet Mobile.
- Do not leave your mobile phone unattended after logging on to HSBCnet Mobile.
- For added peace of mind, click the ‘Logout’ button when you are finished with HSBCnet Mobile.
- To prevent unauthorised access to your mobile device, enable its automatic passcode lock feature.
- Use default browsers originally provided with your mobile device.
- Avoid using an “unlocked” mobile device or a device with any unauthorised modifications when using HSBCnet Mobile.
- Avoid installing applications on your mobile device from unknown sources.
- When connecting to a wireless network using your mobile device, use only trusted networks or service providers and enable additional security protection, such as Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), if possible.
* For full details of your security obligations when using HSBCnet Mobile, please refer to the HSBCnet Security Procedures.
HSBC’s Guide to Corporate Connectivity
The third edition discusses the current landscape
and is a helpful,
See how HSBCnet can help you manage your cash flow globally.